2point0 - Advanced Lighting Workshop
2point0 - Advanced Lighting Workshop
This workshop is for anyone who feels that they have a pretty good understanding of basic lighting equipment and techniques and is looking to expand their knowledge. Over the course of two days, we will be photographing models and real people in studio and on-location really pushing the limits and experimenting with several different lighting techniques.
Be prepared to get out of your comfort zone. This is not a workshop where you will "do what you always do." This will be a time to really dive into lighting and try new things and refine your vision when working with studio lighting.
Day One will be an introduction to inspiration. Each workshop attendee will be expected to bring samples of what inspires them and we will break down how to use this inspiration and put your own spin on it. We will then move into the studio where we will photograph a simple portrait based on parameters that I will come up with based on your inspiration. I will always be on-hand to assist, but I want everyone to really work through and get a grasp on how the lights are working for them.
After lunch, we will then photograph a model in the studio. We will build several lighting setups and I will explain and teach how I structure my lighting test days. These experiments help me expand my lighting knowledge and make me more comfortable trying new light setups when working with paying clients. Each attendee will then be given an assignment and have 20 minutes to setup the lights and make ONE image that truly accomplishes the assignment. We will then review the images and critique everyone's image and then head to dinner!
Day Two will be more studio work in the morning where I show complex setups using a model to achieve various looks. After lunch I we will go over more inspiration for location images. We will then take a model out on location where each attendee will complete another assignment using various lighting modifiers and techniques.
When it is all said and done, I want each attendee to come away feeling like they have a better understanding of light and be confident that they can take that knowledge and put it to use in both their personal work as well as work for paying clients.
Registration is limited to six total attendees. Students will be required to bring a camera, laptop, and memory cards. I will provide lighting equipment, triggers, and all production needs. Attendees will need to arrange all their own transportation and lodging needs. Each day will begin in the studio at 9:00am and we will break for a one-hour lunch. We will break again for the day around 6:30pm and head to a group dinner. Attendees are responsible for their own meals and if you have any dietary restrictions, please let me know and I will select restaurants that cater to your needs.
When and where does the workshop take place?
- It takes place October 6-7 and my new studio in Omaha, Nebraska!
What do I need to bring?
- We suggest you bring your camera, laptop loaded up with photoshop, and anything you would need to edit and take notes.
What is included with my fee?
- Your fee will include the registration to attend and a the LOOK Light PDF book. You will be responsible for arranging your travel, lodging, meals and other amenities.
Where should I stay?
- The OMA airport is just a quick 8 minute drive from the studio and we recommend you stay at the Elements business hotel. It is brand new, really nice and very reasonably priced...best part is, it is just 1 mile from the studio! If you want to stay at another hotel, let me know and I will let you know more about the location and hotel.
Is the fee refundable?
- We will not refund the registration fee but we will transfer it to any future date or you may sell your seat to another individual.
What experience do I need?
- A basic understanding of light is necessary! If you are not comfortable with this, I offer alternate workshops and mentorships.